The goals of the Library Media Center are to:
1. Help students make satisfying choices of media for information and entertainment.
2. Provide students with an awareness of the information available, the skills to locate materials, and the
ability to evaluate, select, and interpret this material through a sequential program of instruction.
3. Encourage a positive attitude towards learning and provide an atmosphere of mutual respect and
4. Ensure that each teacher has access to materials to attain the goals of an ever-changing instructional
5. Share responsibility and planning with colleagues in developing a variety of teaching techniques and
strategies to ensure that the program of skill development and the reading experiences are integrated
with all curriculum areas.
6. Ensure that students are able to use libraries independently for both informational and literary needs.