Let's kick off June the right way by celebrating....
Field Day is scheduled for Wednesday, June 2nd with a rain date for June 3rd. Unfortunately, due to our current circumstances and school guidelines, parents/guardians and any other visitors will not be able to attend.
Many thanks to Mr. Rose for single handedly planning and preparing an exciting day for our students. A special thank you to our PTA who will provide our students with ice pops and water for this exciting day.
1. Reusable water bottles/ Lunches- Please send your children to school with their usual lunch/snack, water bottles, and towels. We will have some water stations throughout the area but will not be serving lunch this year. Please make sure the water bottles are labeled with students’ names since they will be carrying them around throughout the day.
2. Sunscreen/Bug Spray- Apply sunscreen and possibly bug spray before school and send extra sunscreen with your child. We are hoping for a warm sunny day and children will be spending most of the day outdoors.
3. Hats, sunglasses, and hair ties- All of these items are recommended, especially hair ties for anyone with long hair.
4. Dry Shirt- If the weather is nice there is a good chance we may have a water balloon station where students could possibly get a little wet. Students will not get soaked.
5. Sneakers- Please have your students wear athletic footwear and socks to avoid blisters and give maximum effort.
6. Hydrating and Eating- Please be sure students are well hydrated the day before and eat a well-balanced breakfast. This can really help to avoid any heat related illnesses. Thanks in advance!
7. School Spirit- Plan to dress for the weather. Feel free to wear your Woodside Gear. Please do not wear face paint. There is not a need to dress according to a team color as everyone win when we are having fun!