Dear WAS Families,
We had an absolutely wonderful first day of school! Our teachers and staff greeted children with excitement and students were eager to meet their teachers and see their friends. We welcomed our newest members of our school community and look forward to making WAS their home away from home. The success of our first day lays the foundation for a successful year together!
Many people and groups contribute to a successful opening of school and I would be remiss if I did not take a moment to thank them. Thank you to our students who came with smiles on their faces and to their families that lovingly toted their school supplies and got that first day photo! Thank you to our facilities department, especially Mr. Dave Horner, Mr. Michael Solokas and our custodian Mr. Cruz, for making our school clean and ready for students and staff. We even have a new, beautiful grand entrance to welcome everyone to our school. Thank you to our teachers and staff that spent many of their own summer days preparing our classrooms and school to welcome our students. Thank you to the secretaries, Mrs. Barbagallo and Mrs. Lineburg, for doing just about anything we need! The PTA Board was instrumental in starting us off on the right track with school supplies and the summer blast with all of your back to school essentials. Also, you may have noticed the balloons outside, welcoming all to the first day of school. I’m not sure that you have been able to see this just yet, but the PTA has also provided WAS with an absolutely fabulous Wolf Den, a recess shed packed with toys and games for our students in time for opening day. As always, we are thankful for the support of the Board of Education, the entire Administration Team, Dr. Furnari and Central Office.
Here are some helpful reminders for a successful second day of school:
- Complete the Daily Dismissal Form (attached and posted on our website)
- Complete the Milk Order Form (sent via eblast)
- Let the office know if you need a new pink, car line sign
- Drop off your child/children in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon using the car line
- Please do not park in the lot. Teachers will eagerly greet your children and make sure they get to the right place. Kindergarten students will gather when they get out of their cars and meet a teacher holding a great big sign that says “Kindergarten” who will walk them to gym.
- Please drive slowly and be aware of families walking to school
- Log into Genesis and update any contact information, including emergency contact information, and fill out the Health and Permission forms online in Genesis Parent Resources https://parents.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us
Thank you for all of your support and for making this a great first day!
Ann Jameson, WAS Principal